Monday 22 April 2013

Week sixteen



I decided to try playing with light this week. Ok, so really we had a bit of a rough week with illness (mine this time) and tantrums (everyone's) and I did not feel inclined to get out the camera.  On Sunday afternoon I finally bit the bullet and decided to play with the afternoon light. A spattering of photos here and there and nothing I am happy with. So I am posting a photo. Of my beautiful boy and the concentration he has when a pen is placed in his hand. Sitting and drawing, as I did, at the table my grandfather made.

There are many challenges in trying to capture photos of my boy, including finding the right light to vanquish the shadows thrown by his beautifully chubby cheeks and deep set eyes that are straight from my husband. I love seeing such an obvious likeness and connection between the two of them in this way, the kind that makes people say "Oh he really is his father's son". However it is the look of concentration that they share, particularly when drawing, that really stands out to me. 

This photo has too much contrast, too much afternoon light in an otherwise dark room, or maybe it was the angle I was sitting at (and a million camera factors I am yet to learn). However it is the photo I choose to post this week, of my beautiful son doing something that he loves

 

No comments:

Post a Comment