Friday 9 August 2013

Week thirty one


Yes, this post is incredibly late. I have been ill for weeks now and finally crashed earlier in the week and was told to stay home by my doctor. I realised I needed to listen to my body and take the time to just get better. It is now Saturday and I am still unwell. So while my boys are out at the park soaking up the sun, I am in the house, recuperating. I plan on spending an afternoon sitting in the garden, in the sun, readying our garden beds for planting. But first... my late late blog post! 

Last week (I can not at all pretend it is "this week" anymore) we were all sick (house of germs!). Clark had been home for two days with Glenn and by Wednesday was restless and itching to do ANYthing. It is still so cold here right now, so in the morning Clark and I went on his first trip to buy something with his money. We counted out some money from his piggy bank (which included a lesson on saving) and put it in a purse and off we went to the shops. We went in search of Mater, as Mater is truly Clark's favourite character at the moment. While searching the shelves, Clark saw a box of ugly cheap dinosaurs. And had to have an ugly plastic blue 'dinosaur'. I found Mater eventually and gave him the choice of Mater or the 'dinosaur'. Both. Clark wanted both. I relented and up we went to the counter. I gave Clark his money to give to the cashier, which he did happily. Until he realised that he didn't get the money back. Another lesson learnt. 

All was calmed with the knowledge that we were going to get a 'special drink'. We sat, he played, and on leaving I had to buy us both a donut for later. Those that know us know we do not give Clark a lot of sugar. I do not think he has ever had a dinosaur donut, but it was what he chose and I was in a relenting mood. It was a treat morning. You have to have a treat now and then... especially when you have had such a rubbish cooped-up week! He finally ate that donut at the park in the afternoon and I have to say that nothing has ever looked more delicious than the glossy chocolate icing in the late afternoon sun. Thankfully Clark is good at sharing! Clark jumped off the slide, climbed and climbed and scoured the horizon for airplanes with his binoculars. Simple pleasures that made our day feel full and like winter may soon be over. 

We have since decided that the 'dinosaur' is really a wingless dragon. That is what you get for $2 apparently! 

No comments:

Post a Comment